Can the Pill Make Your Boobs Hurt?

I’ve been on the birth control pill now for many years, only taking brief breaks, only to go back on it when my periods became erratic again and my face broke out mercilessly since I have a problem with acne occasionally.  I wanted to see what life was like without being on synthetic hormones, and well, for me personally that little test just didn’t work out all that great.

I have always had some issues with hormonal balance, ever since I was a teenager just beginning to become a woman pretty much, so for me, the low dose pill has been a life saver in many respects, although I hate the thought of putting synthetic hormones in my body 21 days of the month.

Oh well, I know some day my hormones will regulate enough to where I can get off the pill for good, and I’ll just have to deal with the transitional phase of getting off of them a little better than I have in the past.

One thing I’ve noticed is that certain birth control pills that I’ve been on in the past actually make my boobs hurt, especially right before my period, a little more than the low dose pill I’m currently on. Not only that, my boobs seemed to inflate out of control right before my period as well on the higher dose pills, which unfortunately also made me feel like I was going crazy a few days out of the month.

The higher dosed, interval pills, which usually release varying levels of estrogen hormones throughout the month, tended to really explode my breasts during a few days where they were almost too tender to touch. It’s actually kind of scary how bad they were, they were even worse I’d imagine, than if I were pregnant or something, although I really don’t have a point of comparison there yet in my life.

The lower dose pills really just make me get the same sore boobs I always got right before my period, so they really haven’t changed all that much in my world when it comes to premenstrual breast tenderness.

I know some women who say they can’t even be on the pill because of the way it makes them feel, and I’d have to agree on that with some of the different pills I’ve been on. I really wish they’d come up with a better way to protect women against pregnancy as well as the pill without having to put artificial hormones into our body – wouldn’t that be a novel concept?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bountiful Breast

Bountiful Breast Summer Discount Sale